Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Manjar de coco - Receita da minha amiga Rebeca Price.



My goodness, as I eat here my Manjar de Coco ( Coconut Panacota - I think that's a good translation for it), I wanted to share quickly the recipe before people starts asking me.

I pretty much "created" this recipe because I combined/messed up (I thought I was doing the right one and in the middle of the process I realized it was a different one..lol) two other of similar dish and came up with this one.
Anyways, here's how it goes:

1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 can of coconut milk
1 can (use the same can from coconut milk or condensed milk) of whipping cream
1 cup coconut flakes
2 envelopes of Knox unflavored gelatin (you can find it in any grocery store on the Jell-o section)

First, "bloom" the gelatin with 5 Tbps of cold water, then microwave for 15 seconds.

Blend everything (the gelatin as well after it was bloomed) in the blender. At this point, it will start to get thick already.
Spray cooking spray on your bundt cake pan or any container you want it to be. Pour the mixture and refrigerate for about an hour.

Prepare the prunes sauce:
1 cup dried prunes/plums
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup of water

Simmer it in a small/medium saucepan until the sauce thickens up.
Wait for it to cool.

Turn the panacota and pour over the sauce

2 comments:

  1. awwwww que maldade........fiquei morrendo de vontade amanha sou eu fazendo um aqui em casa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandita for sharing that!! It looks delicious and easy to make, just the way I like.. hehe Can't way to try it!

    ReplyDelete